Kingmaker: The Rise of Stormgaard
Anson Longleaf, Marshal of Stormgaard
Male Lightfoot Halfling - Hand of Misadventure
- Race: Lightfoot Halfling
- Class: Cleric / Ranger
- Level: 5 / 1
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Patron Deity: Brandobaris
- Height: 3’4"
- Weight: 37 lbs
- Hair color: Black
- Eye color: Dark Brown
- Appearance: Anson is a charismatic, outgoing and attractive Halfling who often has just a hint of mischief in his dark brown eyes. He is well muscled and sturdily built but not overly strong and is incredibly graceful and light on his feet. Despite his size, he seems to have an extraordinary ability to easily keep pace with most humans. He stands just under 3 ½ feet tall and wears his black hair slightly longer than shoulder length and loose. He has eight simple undecorated braids in his hair, one of which is shorter than the rest. This seems intentional but the reason is not clear. He has long thick sideburns and what amounts to a beard among Halflings (some growth on his chin, but no mustache). He dresses in comfortable brown and grey clothing and is rarely encountered not wearing his dwarven crafted mithral breastplate. On a cord around his neck hangs a wooden disc with a detailed carving of a footprint centered inside of what appears to be a crescent moon with sprouting leaves. He wears a heavy mace with a large granite head on his left hip and a dagger rests horizontally across the small of his back. A longsword and a black leather quiver of arrows are strapped on his back but he doesn’t appear to be carrying a bow. When out in the wilderness he also wears an intricately carved buckler strapped to his arm and a backpack containing his adventuring gear.
- Hit Points: 47
- Armor Class: 21 (+6 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Shield, +1 Size)
- Flat-footed: 18
- Touch: 14
- Str: 12 (+1)
- Dex: 16 (+3)
- Con: 14 (+2)
- Int: 12 (+1)
- Wis: 18 (+4)
- Cha: 16 (+3)
- Fortitude: +10
- Reflex: +8
- Will: +10
WEAPONS & ATTACKS:
|Weapon||Attack Bonus||Damage||Crit||Range||Misc Information|
|Boulderhead Mace||+7||1d6+2||20/x2||Melee||Boulder 1x/Day|
|Masterwork Composite Longbow||+9||1d6+1||20/x3||110’|
- Cleric 0 – Detect Magic, Light, Guidance, Virtue
- Cleric 1 – Bane, Bless, Longstrider (D), Shield of Faith (x2)
- Cleric 2 – Invisibility (D), Calm Emotions, Remove Paralysis, Shield Other
- Cleric 3 – Daylight, Fly (D), Prayer
Anson hails from a large clan of Halflings that inhabit the island of Gwynneth in The Moonshae Isles. His family has for several generations had a tradition of farming and fishing but he knew from a young age that profession was not for him. His lust for traveling and desire to fully experience the world around him led him to leave his parents and siblings when he was only 14 years old to travel with his uncle Faran (a traveling bard) to Baldur’s Gate.
He spent the next five years with Faran, moving from town to town and inn to inn until they found themselves in the fabled city of Waterdeep. Along their journey, Anson attempted to learn how to sing or play an instrument but found that he did not have the talent for it. He did however learn how to observe and influence people and developed a penchant for telling stories (often “slightly” over exaggerated). Anson and Faran made a good living over the next several years in Waterdeep. They rented a nice apartment and had a regular show at the Green Stag Inn five nights a week. Faran was even earning enough money to enroll Anson at one of few church schools dedicated to halfling deities after one of the priests there recognized potential ability in the young man.
Then, one unfortunate night, everything changed. While performing at the Green Stag, Faran made the mistake of drinking too much and insulting the wrong patron while Anson was in class. The situation escalated without Anson there to mediate and ended up in a fight that left Faran dead. After getting a description of the man and doing some investigating, Anson was able to learn that the man who killed his uncle was a Zhentarim caravan master who had fled Waterdeep shortly after the murder rather than face punishment for his crime.
Anson was heartbroken over the loss of his beloved uncle but knew that there was little he could do against a fully guarded caravan and it’s master on his own. Knowing that he had relatives in the town of Loudwater, and that most caravans from the east passed through there often, Anson decided to head there. He gathered up his belongings, said goodbye to his friends and teachers and hit the road.
Anson arrived in Loudwater approximately 6 months ago. He settled in with his relatives on the Western edge of town and found steady work with the local militia due to his healing skills. He was assigned to a border patrol unit where he honed his archery skills fighting bandits and other creatures and learned more about the ways of the forest while serving under a seasoned dwarven ranger named Oewyn. Anson is a skilled negotiator and prefers this method to fighting but also recognizes that not everyone can be reasoned with and that many people in a frontier area such as Loudwater only understand violence.
When Anson was offered an opportunity to join up with an adventuring band to chart the northern reaches of the Delibyr Valley he jumped at the chance to do so. He believes that the more skilled his companions the better his chance to bring his uncle’s murderer to justice if the opportunity ever presents. The adventuring band was chartered as The Gray Eagles and consisted of 4 other members… Parlusk Elgarn (a male human paladin of Torm), Dampsin Melfluer (a female gnome rogue) Edgrin Galesong (a male Halfling bard) and Tyran Moonsilver (a male half-elf wizard). Everything was going well until the party was ambushed in the middle of the night by a group of well organized Kobolds led by some sort of red scaled beast wielding a vicious axe. It was a difficult battle but the party was outnumbered and outmatched. Before succumbing to his wounds and falling unconscious, Anson saw Dampsin and Parlusk cut down by the ambushers. He does not know what happened to Edgrin or Tyran or whether anyone else survive.
Anson was rescued by another adventuring band consisting of Hassan, Khael and Serrka. After helping them clear out the kobold warren his charter was re-assigned to their group and they later became known as the Company of the Four Winds.